Most of you know, I love making bows and headbands for Madi. I think the obsession started when Madi repeatedly was called a "cute little boy" by a few strangers. For those of you with little girls you know, its hard to find any headbands in colors other than the typical spring pastels. And they are all small and tend to dig into the poor baby's head! So this is where the obsession started. finding colors to match her church dresses, and finding something bigger than a fingertip.
This first photo is of the beginnings of my bow making. I still found the bands too skinny, but I could choose my colors and have bigger bows.

This second batch is when I got a hold of some strecthing elastic, but my Jo-Anns no longer carries it. Oh, and I made a few of these interchangable, so you only need one band and countless bows in a variety of colors and styles!

These are the bands I use all the time now, and have been making everytime I go to a baby shower! The two at the top of the photo that are puffy are made so I can intechange bows in them - to choose the accent color! I must admit though, when making them for friends, I usually run out of time and buy a pack of bow clips. I make some of the bands with a small band around them that bows can be clipped to, again, making them interchangable. The great selling point with these ones are that when your baby girl gets enough hair to longer wear headbands, the bows cans still be used as hair clips!






2 comments:
Once you start making some money with your obsession (you KNOW you could!!), John will totally be on board. :) And I totally want one if I ever have a girl!
I too am addicted to making bows. Maybe I should post some of mine so you can see them. Yours look great!
Post a Comment